Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Another Step Forward

Day 162 – as I unpack my stuff in the new apartment it becomes very clear that I have to move fast about purchasing furniture. I have no living room set, no book cases and no dining table or chairs. I have one folding chair and that’s it. So today, after work I went to the furniture section of town. There are many stores with large selection in each and I just went from one to the next and did not make up my mind yet. I only visited 5 stores and there are several more I want to visit I didn’t see yet something that I “must have”. I did see several “this looks nice” ones. I cannot come back tomorrow since I have a concert, but I will visit the other shops on Friday and maybe I will actually see something I like enough to order right away. This is such a huge step that I find it almost intimidating, well not really but it’s huge anyway. It is settling down and on my own. Building my own place from scratch and to my liking. Until now I lived in a temporary situation, so with only the essentials, but the emptiness of the place asks me to fill it, to make it a home. I was looking at dining tables, means I am planning to start eating at home and invite people here so I even checked about the table extensions. I was looking at living room sets, so I will have a place to crash on and read a book, drink coffee and chat, again hosting people and I also need some book case for all my books so they can get out of the boxes and into display. I also need a place for my office, and get my jewelry supplies out of the box. I am so looking forward to work on it again, it’s been a few months since I last played with it. So I didn’t order anything and it will take 4-6 weeks until I’ll get my furniture, but starting to act on it made me so happy. I am thankful I can go and start shopping for furniture, it makes me feel my independence with such intensity. I am thankful for a fun afternoon shopping for furniture. The sales man in one of the stores was trying so hard to sell me his furniture and was ready to give me an replacement set until mine will be ready, I almost placed an order and then I thought better of it and decided to go and look in some other stores, and I am so glad I did, I saw some things I liked more. I am thankful I got a head start on it today but I know it will be twice as fun on Friday when I can devote several hours to the task. And as usual these days, it is again passed 1 am and I am dead tire, so I am thankful I finished writing and now I can take a shower and go to bed. (this is the only one thanks I can do many times J

No comments: