Saturday, June 25, 2011

Packing My Apartment

Day 158 – I came back with my daughter this morning and half an hour later her dad picked her up. They spent the day together and he also brought her to the airport. She’ll be away for the next three weeks. We never been apart for so long and I am very sad not to see her for such a long time (almost a month and a half with a break of 3 day in the middle. But I am very happy that she is going back to visit her brother and sister and her new niece and of course her dad. I am moving to my new apartment tomorrow, so since she left I was busy packing, except for an hour that I went out for a stroll. I am not done yet but it is very late here (a little after 2 am) and I am very tired and sore, so I am going to sleep now and will continue tomorrow morning. I have about 4 boxes still to pack so probably by 8 or 9 am I’ll be done. I am very happy about this move. It will be a little difficult at the beginning since I have no furniture, but I will buy some in a few days and I in the meantime – I am already used to live like a squatter, so no big deal.
I am thankful I got to spend the past three days with my daughter before her trip, it was really a good time. I am thankful for a wonderful drive back with her this morning; two hours that went by in a flash. I am very thankful I am moving tomorrow, it’s a big step in rebuilding my life and so a giant step forward; it will be even a bigger step once I’ll have furniture, and it will start looking like a home. I can’t wait for it to start, yet I am so thankful for these baby steps, the road is my journey and so slow is good, moving consciously from stage to stage.  

No comments: