Thursday, June 30, 2011

An Amazing Evening

Day 163 – few weeks ago I saw an ad at work for tickets to a performance by my favorite national singer. I bought two tickets right away, not knowing if my youngest daughter will be here or not, but just in case… well, she is there and so she missed it. I love his music for years, but most of this time I was abroad. I only saw him once in a live performance – 3 years ago when he came to our area for a few performances. It was my first time to see him with his local fan base which was amazing. They stood the whole time and danced and sang. And he goes off stage all the time and interacts with them – talk and dance and sing with them. There were no new songs, all the old stuff but it was soo much fun! I loved every minute of it. I too was standing and  singing and dancing, you already know I like doing that and especially in such an evening with so much energy and so much love for him in the air. I also loved that he used one of his songs to bring the subject of a soldier who was kidnapped 5 years ago and is still being hold in captivity and he sang a song “let him come back to his home” and put the picture of this soldier on the big screens. Not many singers would do that, and it was a very emotional moment, and I had tears in my eyes and choking my throat as I sang it.
I want to talk about a singer who is over 60 years old and still able to keep a fan base that is younger than his children. I think it is an amazing phenomenon by itself, but tonight it is just to celebrate the experience. The pondering I will do at a later time.
Since I had an extra ticket, I asked a dear friend of mine if he wants to join me and he did. So I also had a great company for the evening. I was so tired when I got home I went right to sleep and only now I am writing and posting this entry. But I am so thankful for a magical night.
I am thankful for an amazing evening. I am thankful I could take part and witnessed such a powerful and wonderful performance. I am thankful to my friend who joined me and even brought me cherries he picked the same morning. I am thankful for a magical night.

No comments: