Friday, July 1, 2011

Loving My New Apartment

Day 164 – I went this morning to look for some furniture for my apartment. I started this on Wednesday, but I wanted to see what’s available and f something strikes my fancy. I was there today for four hours and by the end of it I found what I was looking for. But I wanted to see it in my apartment, now that I know the dimensions, so to make sure it will look ok since there are some serious limitations. I was most concerned about the dining set, since the room is very small, but it seems to be ok. I also realized that the living room set I am looking at will have to change its direction from left to right arm position, so I am very happy I checked. I was thinking a lot today about this act of buying furniture. It is a big statement, and I was not ready to make it for a very long time. When I first came here I didn’t even buy washer or a refrigerator, I was not ready. I preferred to hand wash my cloths than to say I am here to stay. In less than three weeks I will celebrate the first anniversary to my move here and what better way I can do it then by saying, after a year I feel like it is not a fluke, I feel I belong here, I feel at home. This evening after I came back from a free event to celebrate the Sabbath with singing and dancing and a special performance by a great female performer, well known, but the show was not anything like the one I saw yesterday, I continued to assemble my bed and then I decided to take the evening off. I discontinue my work, made dinner and now I am sitting on the only chair I have here, with feet on the very simple coffee table I bought last year (will upgrade it now), I put on music and I am typing away, the plan is after I am done writing to start reading the book I bought today at a used books dealer; I can’t think of a better way to celebrate the Sabbath, a better way to say – I am happy and content. I am at peace. I love this new apartment, it radiates warmth and comfort and I respond by relaxing into it. It felt right from the moment we stepped in and I am so happy it keeps feeling like that. Now I just hope to get soon the living room set I didn’t even order yet, so it will be even nicer and more like home.
I am thankful to my friend who convinced me to go to the Sabbath celebration today, I had a good time and I am glad I went. I am thankful I bumped today at the event into the same friend I went to the concert yesterday – it was a nice surprise. I am thankful I am doing things with more awareness – it is not just buying furniture – it’s a statement and an anchor I put into the turbulent water in an attempt to stabilize my life, to give them meaning. I am thankful for a work free evening; it is so great to take a break, even if a short one. I am thankful, so thankful for moving here and enjoying it so much. I am thankful for this apartment.

No comments: