Sunday, July 17, 2011

My New Furniture

Day 180 – I got my furniture today. Almost a year to the date after I moved here, I am starting to live in what looks like a home. I got the dining table but the chairs I ordered are not here yet so they gave me 4 loaner chairs. They also gave me a couch as a loner until mine will arrive, which will probably be in about a month or two. I moved the boxes still left to the porch and made room for both. It suddenly feels like home. When my daughter came home at the evening from her military base it was all nicely organized. We set to the table to eat dinner, which was so nice. It is amazing how much little things like being able to sit down for dinner make such a big difference. We couldn’t really do that in more than a year. And now I am sitting on the couch to write this blog, and again – it feels so nice. It makes this place feel like home. The rooms suddenly looks so organized and so homey.
In three days we celebrate a year since we arrived here – such a great way to celebrate it!
I am thankful for the furniture I got today and for the soft and fuzzy feeling it bring with it. I am thankful for one more step to celebrate my new life here, my independence. Since furniture is not something we buy often, these items will be in my life for many years to come, maybe even for the rest of my life. I am thankful for simple joys like sitting down with my daughter for dinner. We both missed the feeling of home and so it was a little celebration today to do just that.

No comments: