Saturday, July 9, 2011

Friends Like No Others

Day 172 – I went to meet our dearest friends and spent the night at their home. We stayed for a few hours on the beach yesterday night and after we came back to their home we talked late into the night. We woke up this morning and talked some more. Went for coffee and came back and I just had such great time being with them. We know them for almost 30 years. He was with my ex at the military, so for years it was friendship of the families but especially of the guys. But I always loved them dearly. In the past few years, as I started coming here with my youngest daughter for half the summer vacation, we started to develop our own relations, without him. When we came here last summer, almost a year ago they were absolutely amazing, surrounding both of us girls with love and so much care. When my daughter was in the hospital, they were the first ones to come, just few hours after she was released from the ICU into the regular ward. We both love them and when I was away two weeks ago my daughter went to visit them, we both think of them as part of our family. If I am looking for an example what friendship is – this is the utmost example. I will never be able to thank them enough for what they have done for us. But my heart is sure full of love and gratitude to them.

I am thankful for friendship that withstood the test of time and distance and divorce, I keep talking about these friends but they are so dear to me, it brings tears to my eyes just to think about that. I am so, so thankful for this amazing friendship.

No comments: