Monday, July 4, 2011

Bare Foot on the Beach at Sunset

Day 167 – I did wake up early than usual, and it was so great. It set the whole day on a different rhythm. I was not tired at all and I felt like I can do so much. When I came home this evening I decided to go to the beach and take my dog with me, knowing it will be a very special experience for her. We arrived just as the sun in magnificent colors touched the sea. I walked along the beach for almost an hour, watching as the colors get deeper and even more beautiful. The water was very calm and the air fresh and warm – a perfect evening stroll. I felt so happy and at peace. I felt my heart singing. I still don’t have words for it but I am sure it will come. My job right now is to absorb all the beauty and to stay open and alert, to celebrate every special moment like that and look at it with fresh eyes, as if for the last time. It was a great day I kept reading in my book “the monk who sold…”, I went to sleep early, woke up early, saw the end of the sunrise light and the end of the sunset, and I went to the beach. What else can one ask for? – a great day. And I am planning to go to sleep again early. Not as early as yesterday but at 10:15pm I will be in bed, after 10 minutes meditation, and I already set up my alarm clock to 5am. I love it!!  I hope I can keep this schedule, it can do wonders.
I am thankful for a wonderful day. I don’t want it to be the last day of my life – I would love to see my kids and granddaughter before I die, but a great day never the less. I am thankful for a wonderful stroll on the beach, on the edge of the water, bare foot – doesn’t get much better than that. I am thankful that some of the best experiences in life are free – you just have to be present.

No comments: