Friday, July 29, 2011

Dancing the Night Away

Day 192 – I had such a wonderful day!! I got my living room furniture (a.k.a. couch) in the morning and I love it; I took an hour stroll with my dog and she loves it too; I went to the Friday afternoon party in the harbor area that is always a lot of fun and today they had a great singer that I love her stuff and I never saw her in a live performance and it was great, she is really doing great job as a live performer and her energy is amazing; I met a dear friend of mine there and so we had an hour and a half to chat and listen to good music so again, much fun, even though I think we should go for coffee after that (instead I drove to the beach to see the sunset); and the day ended in a dancing party until the wee hours of the night. I just came back and it is almost 3 am, I have to wake up in 4 hours to go on a trip, but it was so worth it. I didn’t go to a dance party in such a long time and I LOVED it. I keep talking about how much I love dancing, how much I love music and I can’t believe that in all the years I lived abroad I barely did that. Well, it gives one more special aspect to being here. So it was a singles club for 45+ and so the people were our age (I went with a friend – we figured it will be easier even if we don’t know anyone we can still dance with each other) and the music – good oldies music and of course, we didn’t have to worry about having someone to dance with – so overall a great evening. I just hope my knees will not hurt too much tomorrow. And it was so funny to see people trying to hit on me – I’m so not used to it. At this point of the game it just amuses me, but it’s good to know that maybe one day …
I am thankful for a great day, for so many things that were so nice and filled today with great energy and fun. But if I have to pick one thing to be thankful for it will be the dance party. I danced non-stop for 4 hours – better than any gym and so much more fun. And I even learned to dance the tango and few line dances, even if I am not ready yet for a salsa club, and definatly I don't look like the one in the picture J   

No comments: