Friday, July 8, 2011

Washing My Car

Day 171 – I bought my car few months ago and I didn’t wash it yet. And it really looked awful by now – covered with dust and birds’ little gifts and every day when I see it I tell myself that I have to take it to the car wash. So today when I came back with my dog from a very long walk I decided that I am going to wash it. It is close to a 100˚F and a very high humidity, but nothing could stop me. I live on the 3rd floor, no elevator and so I had to go down with the bucket full of soapy water and later go up for a bucket of clean water, but my car is shiny and clean and I keep telling myself that at the gym we always sweat, we just take it as part of the experience so this was my workout for today, and I sure did sweat, but my car is clean and shiny and I will not let it get to that point again. I’ll wash it every two weeks or so. Good workout and good for the car as well. I can save on car was and on my gym fees if I’ll keep doing things like that and I really like washing the car!! It’s a win-win situation.
I am leaving town now and will get back only tomorrow – going to spend the night with dear friends of us.

I am thankful for a wonderful day – I had a long walk with my dog, went to visit my mother-in-law, washed my car, got some important tips about training my dog, and now I am leaving to be with good friends. What more one can ask for?! did i mention that I am thankful for having a clean car once again?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When washing your car, it is ideal to do it once a week to keep it clean for the coming days. Also, to prevent tree saps and bird poop from sticking, a car cover would do the trick!