Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Late at Work

Day 183 – today is the one year anniversary since we came here. A very important day yet I did not have time to celebrate it. I had something at work that has to be done by tomorrow and instead of going out to celebrate I was at work until after 11 pm! I never did anything like that before, I try to put clear boundaries between work and my private life, but today I had to do that and I will have to go tomorrow very early to try to finish it by 9am as is the deadline right now. The good thing about it is that I will leave work around 1 pm tomorrow, which will leave me with almost a full day to enjoy and the most important one is that it is absolutely a onetime thing. I will not accept again anything with such a deadline on it. I left home because I didn’t want to be part of such life so I sure will not adopt such a life style. There is no balance in such life, and I have so much more than only work.
I am thankful for being here for a year now. It was such a great year and I am very thankful for that. I am thankful that at the end of this year I am looking forward to the second one and I have so many plans and ideas about how to continue. I am very tired and about to go and take a shower before going to sleep for a few hours and I am so thankful that such crazy work day is a onetime event and not the norm. I am so thankful for life outside of work.

No comments: