Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Teacher

Day 166 – I wrote yesterday about my buried heart. I was thinking about it a lot today, especially since I am reading the book “The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari” by Robin S. Sharma and it suggests that each one of us has to find his/her calling. This is what I set out to do last year and somehow I got caught up in my daily life and started to forget it. I started thinking of what are the things that touch me and I know of two right away - photography and writing poetry I like making jewelry as well but not in the same way. When I started thinking of photography and of writing poetry again I felt a jolt as if my heart started moving again. Bingo. So now I have a goal to go back to my real passion. I take pictures all the time but not as an art form but as a documentation of my life. I want to get back to photography as an art form. The second realization I had is a bit of a cliché, but truth never the less, that love is not only a noun but a verb. If I want to feel love again I have to practice loving, I have to open up, I can start small – loving the world around me, the people around me, everything around me. The more we love the more our capacity for love grows. When we close our heart – our world shrinks. So here I am from today on practicing the bliss gain, just as I felt it when I first arrived here. To open my rams and hug the world to look at everything in fresh and excited eye again. Love and happiness is a practice and if I fail to do that, I lose it. I promised myself not to fall back into routine and I did, I thought that just by writing this blog I can keep e fresh eye, but even that didn’t help. My blogs became heavy and too much of the same. I needed this jump start and I got it by writing about my buried heart and by finding this book. It is not something I didn’t read elsewhere, but the timing was perfect – just when I was losing sight of my goal. I am also practicing, or at least trying, to go to bed early and get up early. I want to start catching these magnificent hours of early dawn when the world just waking up and everything is still fresh and full of potential. So 9:30 pm is my bed time, after 10 minutes of meditation.

I am thankful for the higher powers, divine guidance or just luck – however it might be called, that guided me to this little book and helped me re-ignite my passion, at such an important junction in my life. They say the teacher will show up when the student is ready and I am so ready for more.  I am thankful for this new opportunity to find another angle through which to examine my world and the one around me. I am thankful for the opportunity to grow. I am not ready yet to sell my Ferrari, i also don't have one, but I am ready to start the journey and for that I am so thankful.

No comments: