Thursday, July 7, 2011

I am at Peace

Day 170 – when I rented this apartment my landlord promised to install an extra kitchen cabinet, because there was not enough storage space in the kitchen. Yesterday he called me to let me know it will be installed today and sure enough when I came back from work it was in place. And it looks nice and it adds exactly what I needed. So I started unpacking the kitchen boxes. Two very large boxes and a small one, and all the stuff is nicely organized. So I am not done yet with unpacking – I have to go and buy tomorrow another book case for all the books I still have in boxes, and a few more clothes hangers, but I am getting closer to the end of it and I am very happy about it. I can’t wait for my furniture to arrive so it will actually look like a home. right now the only furniture I have are two beds, two night stands a little coffee table, a desk and two chairs. It’s a very empty place. If I want to just relax I have to lie on my bed or sit in that folding chair. But still, I am very happy I moved into this apartment, it's just feels good and right. So I have to wait a month or two for my furniture, so what. I can do it, I lived with nothing for so long, I can do it for a little longer, and it sure will not put a damp on my happiness.     
I am thankful for the training I got in the past year of living on bare minimum; it’s an important lesson that will go with me for life. I know that no matter what life has in store for me, I can do it and still be happy. My happiness is not attached to material things. It is a way of life I choose to live by. It is something that is coming from me and has nothing to do with the circumstances of the moment. And I will go to sleep tonight with a heart full of thanks.
I am thankful I am healthy and doing well. I am thankful for the peace I found in my life. I am thankful for every day I get up to this wonderful life. I am thankful to be alive. And I am thankful I am here in this wonderful place.

No comments: