Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Still Unpacking

Day 176 – I am not done unpacking yet. The last few boxes are the most difficult. This is why they were delayed for last. And I had all the empty boxes stacked on the floor, with packaging paper and a box full of plastic wrappings, in short, it was a little messy. So, yesterday evening I loaded all the empty boxes and paper into my car and today, on my way to work, I drove to a recycling center and dumped all that. Suddenly my house looks so much better. And so today in renewed enthusiasm I unpacked 3 more boxes and through about half a box of things I decided to part with. There is more to come, but it is a good first step. I hope that my furniture will come in a day or two and so it will start looking like a home and not a transient place. But even just reducing the stack of boxes makes it look better. It’s been a long time since I had a place that felt like home and I am really looking forward to that. And since my daughter is coming back this coming Saturday, I will try to finish everything by then. Not sure I can, but I will do my best. I can’t wait for her to come back, I miss her so much! So I sure will try to make the place look nice.
I am thankful to be almost at the end of my settling into this apartment, getting to the point where I can call it home. I am thankful the things I find in every box, some of them I welcome like old friends after a long time I didn’t see them – they were in the boxes for more than a year. I am also thankful for all the things I found the courage to through away, little bits of my past and my attachments I am letting go. It was easy to decide about it yesterday and more difficult to actually do it, but I did and I am thankful for that. I will look into the rest of my stuff tomorrow and on Friday and hopefully through away some more.

No comments: