Saturday, July 16, 2011

My Daughter is Back

Day 179 – My daughter is back!!!! After three weeks she was there and two weeks I did (we had 2 days overlap) she is back here. It’s funny, she is 19 years old but we were never apart for so long. Until now the record was two weeks. It is a growing experience, for sure, and something that is good to do sometime but I am very happy to have her here again. I was making all kind of stuff for her – special dinner, and a cake and fruits and I cleaned my apartment, the only problem was that I didn’t pay attention to the time and I left a little later than I planned. Add to it the fact that I thought it will take me an hour to the airport and so I was planning to be there at the same time she lands so I can wait outside and embarrass her. But it is an hour and a half away or even a little more with the traffic, so as happy as I was to see her I didn’t make it there on time and she had to wait for me outside. How disappointing L
 But she is here and this is the important part. We had a nice drive back home and a lovely dinner. She got to put all her stuff in her new room and enjoy our new home for the first time. Last time she saw it, we were still living in the old place. She tonight she will sleep in her new room for the first time and she is very happy about it. The reason I wanted to move is exactly that – so she can have a nice place of her own and of course that we will have a nicer place, but most of all I wanted her to have her own corner. She fell asleep few minutes ago, tired from the long flight and the jet lag. And it makes me so happy to see her like that.
I am so very thankful my daughter is back here with me. She brightens my days with her presence alone. I am thankful we found this new place and so we can start our second year here (yes, in a few days it is a year since we arrived) in such a nice way. I sure didn’t think this is how it will look when we came here she with everything she needed for the next few years, basically almost all her possessions, and I with two carry-ons planning to go on a world tour. I am so thankful this is how it unfolded.

No comments: