Saturday, June 4, 2011

Weekend Routine

Day 137 – we had a nice hike today. It’s getting a little more difficult as the weather gets warmer and the humidity increase, but it was still much fun. We drove to the beach later and stayed there almost until sunset. It was a perfect ending to a wonderful day. There were again few people I never met before and so our circle of friends grows all the time. It became a routine – almost every weekend we are going on a hike and when it becomes a routine I cannot keep bringing it up, that was one of the rules. But I am still very happy about this routine – I have the week that is mainly devoted to work and evenings that are time to enjoy with my daughter, that are the highlight of every day, even if I don’t mention it, and then there are the weekends with Saturdays devoted to hiking trips almost every week. It is a wonderful routine, it separate week days from weekends in a natural flow, it makes every weekend stand out and be celebrated. It makes me go out and breath fresh air, I engage in a healthy activity that keeps me in a good shape, I enjoy the great outdoors, and I get to meet new people almost every time we go out; it fills my weekend with laughter and joy. You hear it many times that when one lives alone the days out of work are the most difficult ones, being alone in the house with nothing to do, for me the weekend are something I am waiting for, it’s a highlight not a depressing time. Routine sounds like something so boring and here I am waiting for my routine for the weekend. and it’s not really a routine – we do go hiking but every week we do it in a different place and the combination of the group is different every time, so it is always new and fresh even if has the same name – hiking.
I am thankful for being able to hike every weekend and get to know my country again after so many years away. I am thankful for friendships formed on the trails. I am thankful for the fun and joy this routine brings to my life.

No comments: