Monday, May 9, 2011

Farewell

Day 111 - After 10 days here I am going back home. It is with mixed feelings this time. I am happy to get back home and to see my youngest daughter but I am sad to leave my two older kids here. But I will be back here in about a month when my granddaughter will be born, so it is not going to be such a long time before I see them again.
I am more thankful than I can express for a very important and very healing visit. I am thankful to my daughter for let me be there and help her, for sharing for a few moments her life as they are at this time, moments before she becomes a mother, such an important time in her life and was able to touch it for  a few moments. I am thankful to my son who took the only free weekend he had and will have in the next few weeks, until he finishes his quarter, and spent that time with me, for being patient with my nudging about his driving for being, as always so sweet and such a great company, for pushing me to give the skydiving one more chance even if he had to endure very difficult drive for 2 hours at night for that. and I am thankful that I was able to open my heart and see all that, which sadly is not a given as well. I am thankful for a wonderful time and can't wait to be back here again.

No comments: