Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Dance Troupe Show

Day 539I got a call from a friend today asking if I want to go to a performance of the best dance troupe in our country. I hesitated for a minute or so not because I didn’t like the idea of going out in the middle of the week but because I have not seen a dance show in years and I thought it might be over my head. But then I thought why not? I like the guy, I like the spontaneity of the offer and I am always open for new things and if it is understood I am trying but not sure if I’ll like it then why not?! So this is exactly what we did. He picked me up and we drove an hour away to Tel Aviv and it was so much better than I hoped for. It’s modern dance and it was so beautiful and after a few minutes I stopped thinking and just allowed it all to sink in just the visual experience and the emotional one. So I am not good at deciphering what they are trying to convey, reading the statement but even without that it was a very special experience. Later we went to a restaurant for a late night snack and then drove back home. It’s very late now and I have to be at work early tomorrow since I have reflexology in the afternoon so I have to leave work early and for sure I am not going get enough sleep, but it was totally worth it. I had such a fun evening and I pushed my boundaries a little, I did something I was not sure I am comfortable with and it was wonderful.
  
I am thankful to my friend for asking me to join him; we keep dancing around each other for a while now and I am happy he did pick up the phone and called. I am thankful I decided to say yes; I was a little reluctant because I know he watched a lot of dance shows and I was afraid I will not like it and make him feel bad about this outing. I am thankful I found in me the love and appreciation for this art form. I am thankful for such a great evening I had so much fun!!    

No comments: