Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Respite

Day 547 – Life was a little intense in the past two weeks. With the excitement of this new man in my life I kind of lost the balance. I keep telling myself to slow down, that the intensity can burn the candle on both ends, but somehow, every day we find our way back to each other, spending as much time together as we can; ignoring logic and common sense; drown to the fire. Lucky for us, he is leaving tomorrow morning on a business trip so it will force us to take this time off, to recharge; we sure need that. I hope our relationship will survive this week away. It is all so new, and I still have the bitter taste of the outcome of the trip I took in the beginning of something I thought was very a promising relationship. But I should not try to compare one to the other and in any event, I have no control over the future, so whatever will be, will be. I know I gave it my best and if it will not survive, then it wasn’t meant to be. Still, I hold my fingers crossed and I wish him a safe trip, especially in light of the very disturbing news about the terrorist attack in Burgas earlier today. And as always, I was planning to go to sleep early, a surly needed thing, but somehow it is again 1 am and I am still awake; I have to do better than that tomorrow.
 
I am thankful for the past two weeks; I almost felt like a teenager and I have to admit it is invigorating and fun. I didn’t think at my age I can still feel and act like that, so I am very thankful for such a surprise shower in the middle of this heavy summer. I am thankful for a quiet week ahead of me, I need it so much; for my work, for my life to get back in order, for the test I should study for and didn’t yet… and I am so thankful every day for one more day of happiness, regardless of how tomorrow will be; today is wonderful and that’s what counts.     

No comments: