Friday, July 20, 2012

House Hunting

Day 549We are still in this very special mood of the two years anniversary. Today it is the two years mark of our landing here, which officially started that new chapter in our life. As time goes by and I am more set on my plans to stay here and make it home again, I am starting to make small changes, to take steps in that direction. Yesterday I made the biggest step so far – I contacted a realtor and told him I am looking to buy a house and asked him to work with me to find one. It sounds simple enough but it is actually the culmination of many hidden statements and decision –
·   I am staying here
·   I am ready to settle down
·   I choose this city as my hometown
·   I am ready to take such a huge commitment

I also had to know what size of a house I am looking for, how many rooms, in what neighborhood, what is my budget, what are my “must haves” and what are my “nice to have”. In short, I had to clarify the fog in my mind and get serious; I had to finally, after months I am looking on the internet without ever going to look at a house, make the move. And it is so symbolic it happened yesterday, totally with no thinking about the significance of the date. As it happened, two years, to the day, after leaving home I felt ready to start this new stage in my life. Today, while we were away for the day I got the first call from my realtor, he wanted me to see a very interesting property. Sadly I was not able to get back on time so I’ll do it on Sunday, but the wheels where put into motion, the house hunting have started.
   
I am thankful for having a day of celebration with my daughter commemorating our second anniversary here. I am thankful for friends we met today after months of not seeing them. I am thankful we bought today a sewing machine – another step in our domestication, of our settling down here. I am thankful for a very special phone call I got today. I am thankful most of all for mastering the courage to start the house hunting process; I am sure there will be ups and downs but I am so thankful I decided to jump on the wagon and start moving in that direction.

No comments: