Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Night At The Opera

Day 540 – another call from the same friend a day later – do I want to go to the opera? But I have to make a decision on the spot since they are holding the tickets for only 20 minutes. I don’t need 20 minutes to decide about Rigoletto, especially since the last opera I saw was more than two years ago and I LOVE opera, so all other plans I had for the evening where immediately scratched. So two nights in a raw I was going to an evening of intense cultural quality. I have to be careful not to overdo it. I sure cannot afford to do it on a regular basis, nor does it make sense. But when the opportune presents itself you just have to seize it. I was a little rushed since I had my reflexology right after work and I made it home two minutes before he had to pick me up already, but 15 minutes later showered, dressed and even with make-up we were on our way to a wonderful evening of the highest quality. I am not going to write here the story of Rigoletto, go and read it if you are not familiar with it, go and see it is an even better suggestion; I will only say the staging was very interesting and the singing beautiful and captivating. It is the first time I see an opera here in my country and I can assure you it is of a very high quality which made me very happy. So a wonderful night - going out, which is nice by itself, and to an opera that makes it absolutely amazing, in a beautiful place and the best of company what else can I ask for? I am so very happy for this opportunity to be spontaneous to the very core and the great rewards it brings to those who do it. [BTW - Sorry for the late posting - it totally slipped my mind; first time in 540 days, I forgot to write my blog at night] 
   
I am thankful to my friend who was so kind as to include me in his plans. I am thankful for an amazing evening like no other. I am thankful for all the wonderful things in my life, for experiences I never had before, for being so alive. I am thankful for a wonderful opera, the first one I got to see in my country, and I just loved it! I am thankful, most of all for this budding relationship that fills me with so much joy and tenderness, with so much happiness.

No comments: