Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Reflexology

Day 533About a year and a half ago, before I decided to take the Tour Directors course I checked the option of going to an alternative healing school. I love that field, I am a strong believer in alternative medicine and so it was a natural path for me. But it is a very long process – 4 years of schooling before I can even start working in the field. I wasn’t sure it is not too late for me to do that. I did, on the same time, signed up for treatments by their students. It a set of treatments over 10 weeks in a much reduced price and it serves as training for the students of the school. I didn’t hear back from them and totally forgot about it. Today, around 2pm I got a call asking if I am still interested and if so if I can be there today at 4:30. Of course I could, I love reflexology and I was talking about it with one of my friends only few days ago, saying I have to find someone here who is doing it. And so today after work I went there. It was not a treatment;   but the initial interview and questioner. A very sweet young woman is my healer; she asked me a lot of questions, examined my feet for a very long time and kept asking questions regarding her findings. It is believed that everybody part and organ has representation in our feet, and they can heal that by treating our feet. So I didn’t get a real treatment today, only few touches, but she will have her game plan for next week and then will start it. Today was only evaluation. It was fascinating for me; I got few treatments in the past but since it was not by a student I never got to see the “behind the stage” part and it was very interesting and different. I cannot wait for next week to start.
 
I am thankful they kept my application and called me after such a long time. I am thankful I had nothing pressing to do at work so I could leave early for my session. I am thankful I got to see a little of what’s going on in this field and not only get a foot massage. I am thankful for the next 9 weeks of treatments.

No comments: