Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Shopping Spree

Day 554After my reflexology session, which was amazing again, I decided to go shopping. I realized last week that I really don’t have enough clothes and I keep wearing the same few things every week. So I drove to the mall and started trying on clothes. I bought a shirt and two pairs of 5/8 pants. So now looking at these cute pants I told myself I need a cute pair of flat shoes to finish the look and to finish the shopping spree I also added two pairs of sunglasses since my old ones broke about two weeks ago and there was a big sale on shades. So I dug a nice whole in my pocket but I have few very cute things to wear; and I really don’t do it very often, so it is OK. Plus, I wanted to pamper myself a little. I think it’s really important to learn to be kind and generous to myself. For years I used to neglect my needs and not buy anything nice, so this shopping spree, something I always talked against it is actually therapeutic for me. I am not planning to become a shopaholic, but to buy few things every once in a while is a good thing. When I came home I even did my nails – what a day. By the way - I love this summer’s colors; they are very bold and bright, just the way I like it.
 
I am thankful for a fun day, a very girly day, pampering myself, almost spoiling me. I am thankful I now have few more articles of clothes to choose from; I’ll try to be better about it and do it more often. I am thankful for a very sweet phone call this morning, the last one before he is heading back home. I am thankful this week is over. I am thankful I allow myself to feel, to be anxious about the outcome of this week away; that I don’t pretend I don’t care, even if it means I might get hurt tomorrow, or the next day.

No comments: