Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Semi-Private Painting Lesson

Day 546 – last week we had our last painting lesson before summer break. For two months now we are to take time off. Three of us really didn’t like doing that and we asked our teacher if he will be willing to continue on a smaller scale during the summer and he agreed to that so today was the first of those very private lessons. They came to my house and it took us few minutes to decide about how to put our aisles and our paint tubes and brushes and he wanted to show us few very interesting works of a Canadian group of artist from the turn of the last century, just for some ideas and inspiration and then we started working. And it was absolutely wonderful. We love painting, and it does the same for all of us – this meditative quality of timelessness and being so much in the present all in the same time. We had good music, and we talked and joked and it was so wonderful and suddenly it was 9:30 pm and time for us to finish. The teacher left and we girls stayed and talked for a little longer and decided we might do it also just us, or ask him if he will give us private lessons even during the year. In short, instead of going into the slumber of summer vacation we are fully awake and elated. It was such a great idea to do that. I hope to make a real progress during this time. To start finding my own language, to get more comfortable with my techniques and to increase my ability to actually produce what I envisioned, to learn to think in colors and shapes to find in me the courage to try new things. I did it today, not sure I am thrilled with it so far but it is not done yet and more importantly, it is a step out of copy what I see around and a step in the direction of seeing with my heart’s eyes.
  
I am thankful for the idea to have private lessons with our teacher. I am thankful he agreed to take it on. I am thankful to my friends for coming here tonight and making this evening so very special;  I had such a great time.  

No comments: