Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Very Special Concert

Day 543 – We went to a show of my favorite musician and singer, Mati Caspi; the one I wrote about his music a while back. It was everything I was hoping for and more. This was not a solo concert but a performance with another musician with whom he has a long history of musical collaboration, actually, this is the 40th anniversary of their original tour. It was interesting to see them both on stage – Mati Caspi is very reserved, the kind of guy who can tell the funniest jokes with straight face and the other guy, Shlomo Grunich is just the opposite, all bubbly and all over the place; big gestures, big show. They are both extremely talented and they play off each other so well. For someone that is a music lover this concert is a gem. And I sure am, we both are, and so it was sheer pleasure to be in the audience and witness two great talents so close and personal. The setting of a jazz club like appearance was perfect for this kind of performance and we had wonderful seats, very close to the stage. It makes the experience totally different, very personal. Few of the songs were so moving I got goose bumps all over and one even brought tears to my eyes. Unlike most songs now-a-days the words were all very deep, he is writing music to poems of the best poets in our country and the music is as deep and sometimes even haunting as the words. What can I say – I loved every moment of this amazing performance. It was a perfect evening; no other words can describe it. And last but not least – the company was so wonderful; I enjoy spending time with him, I really do, and it makes everything so very special. I have to remind myself everyday not to get too excited, to take a deep breath and slow down. What a wondeful place to be!  
 
I am thankful for such a great performance. I am thankful for the gift of music, for being able to appreciate it so much. I am thankful for a new place I learned about and will visit more often now. I am thankful for finally fully opening my eyes to the array of possibilities available here in my country, on a daily basis; I sure can't do it every day but I will start to do it more often. I am thankful for great company and so much fun. I am thankful, most of all, to my friend for inviting me to share these moments with him, for all his caring and attention; I am thankful we have met each other.     

No comments: