Monday, July 23, 2012

One More Hurdle Is Behind Me

Day 552 – I am practically done! I took the final test today and found out I studied just the right amount. This test covered things we cannot study for - how to plan a trip, rooming lists, what to do in case of… all things we covered during the course but you can’t really study for it. I am sure everyone passed it but no one probably got 100% right, because it is just common sense and paying attention to all the little details and experience which is something we all lack and will develop with time. After that we each gave a 5 minutes talk about something from our final project. This was the last requirement for the class before submitting the project. I talked about the genocide of the Cambodian people by the Khmer Rouge, a subject that keeps haunting me since I was first introduced to the magnitude of it and the details. And now that my routine work is done I have no more excuses to delay working on my final project. We have 2 months from next week to submit it but I want to finish it in less than a month. I am planning to fly out to visit my kids at the end of August and I want to finish this project before I leave. But as I said we have until the 30th of September with no extensions, so this is my absolute final date. I am going to start tonight, just as I finish writing this blog to write at least the first paragraph in this project and will dedicate time every day now to write, until I am done with it.
 
I am thankful I finished the final test today. I am thankful for such a great time I had with all my friends; it is sad to see this class coming to its end and having to say goodbye to few of these new friends. I am thankful for all that I learned during the past 8 months; it is amazing to see how fast it passed. I am thankful I get to sit down now and do an honest to God good work on this final project; as I said several times before, I am planning to take this trip so I better know where I am going to the smallest and most mundane detail.  

No comments: