Sunday, November 3, 2013

A ladder story

Day 1018two weeks ago we bought a ladder for the store. It is a very high ceiling store and we needed a very tall ladder. It was so long I had to tie it to the roof of my car and drive very carefully all the way there. To my dismay I found out I over estimated the height and the ladder was too tall. That evening I drove back the 40 km with the ladder tied to the roof and the next morning returned the ladder and got a smaller one, folded one this time. I drove again to my store and pulled out the ladder and... this time it was too short. the height they quoted was not in the A position so it was not useful in the middle of the store. Once again we returned the ladder. This time we had a serious discussion with the owner, explained exactly what we need and they ordered the right ladder for us. And so we already know the drill - I had the ladder tied again to my car, drove all the way and when we opened the ladder in the store it was one more time - too long. It sounds pretty funny, but it's really not and I sure have better things to do with my time than driving back and forth with a ladder. But you know the saying - fool me once; well then - shame on me!! that's for sure. So tomorrow, again we will go there and try to order the right ladder and hopefully this will be the end of the ladder story. 

I am thankful for all the work my partner did in the store today, even with this ladder. I am thankful it is nothing more serious than a stupid ladder and some hassle of going back and forth. I am thankful we are one day closer to opening day.    

No comments: