Monday, November 18, 2013

My car

Day 1033 - today my car crossed a very significant milestone. It crossed the 100,000 km mark. I bought the car a little over 2 1/2 years ago with 34,000 km to its name. So I drove almost 66,000 km! it's 2,000 km per month on average. So I took it to the garage and did the 100,000 km service on it and now it is ready to face the other side of that huge number. Some friends recommended to sell the car but I like it and it serves me well and I take good care of it so I don't see any reason to exchange it. Driving a new car doesn't do it for me and I am not ready to pay extra for that pleasure. I'll drive the car as long as I can and then change it. So for now I am celebrating this milestone, celebrating the freedom I felt every time I took it for long rides, the great service it gives me, especially in the past few weeks as it serves more as a truck then as a little and delicate car.

I am thankful I reached this very important milestone; I hope my car will keep serving me for many years to come.    

No comments: