Thursday, November 7, 2013

Leaving the nest

Day 1022 - after weeks of preparations my daughter moved out today to start her new life in the big city and on her own. The past few months were not easy for either one of us and it put a serious strain on our relationship. The threesome didn't work even after my partner moved out. We were not the same anymore and could not find our way back to each other, the way things were before. And she decided it is time for her to leave. As much as I didn't see it the same way, she was right. She is old enough to live on her own and doesn't have to take anyone's BS, not even mine. At her age I was already married, so I know she can and should develope her own life. And so this morning I helped her disassemble her bed and took her to the train station, saying goodbye for the very last time this way. It is a little sad, like every ending, but also full of promise, like every beginning. And I am sure time will heal everything and it will bring us closer again. And for now she just moved to the big city and I am planning

No comments: