Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Do it yourself is not easy

Day 1021 - it's almost midnight here and I am finally sitting after a very long and tiring day. I am so very tired, and just fell asleep while writing. I think i better cut it short and go to sleep, tomorrow we have another day of hard work. I am very tired and my body aches and i work only few hours every day in the store, I can only imagine how tired my partner is, being there all day long and doing so much more physical lanor. and he does all the heavy lifting. Before retiring for the night, I just want to report that the store is slowly shaping up. I assembled today a large 'honey comb" cabinet and it looks great. My partner finished all the wiring, hanging and connecting the cabinets to the walls and to each other for extra stability and alignment. I come to the store every day after work and it makes me so happy. To see all the work he did during the day, to how the place is slowly shaping up. It's like watching a miracle; except for the sore knees and muscles to prove we were the little elves who did the work.
 
I am thankful we are doing all this by ourselves and not just paying someone to do it for us; the satisfaction is something I cannot even put into words. I am thankful to my partner for his dedication, for all the hard work he puts into this project; I could not and would not do it without him. I am thankful for a good night sleep ahead of me; I really feel I earned it and I know it will do me a world of good.

No comments: