Thursday, November 21, 2013

Precarious joy

Day 1036 - Every day at the end of my work day I drive to the store. It makes me so happy to come in and see how beautiful it is. How much more beautiful it becomes with every passing day. It brings up the creativity of my partner and he comes with new ideas every day of something new to do, or a different way to display things or arrange something. Today I came in while still on the phone with a new supplier for jewelry I am trying to get and again things change and it looked so nice and there where two customers there and it all felt so good and right. I find it hard to stay all day in the hospital and not be in the store, as much as I know that this is the right thing to do. We still have very little business, we don't have a website nor a sign; so basically no one knows about us. Only few people who come to see other stores in our building and come to look what we have to offer, or our next door neighbor who just loves our store and comes in at least twice a week. But more people hear about us with every passing day and on Sunday we have a meeting with the sign company so hopefully this will be done very soon. But I am very optimistic and I know it will be a great place, much faster than anyone would think possible. So one day it will be able to support two salaries, but not yet. So I get to enjoy it very little during the week, especially precariously, through the stories of my partner, and I wait for Friday when I can be there all day.

I am thankful for this new and exciting thing in my life. I am thankful for all the joy and pleasure it brings into my life. I am thankful for the creativity it brings with it and the resourcefulness. I am thankful to my parner who shoulders most of the work load of the store. I am thankful tomorrow is Friday and I can be there so much more.

No comments: