Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The gate

Day 1020 - I had my car loaded with boxes of cabinets we bought in Ikea. It was too late at night to drive all the way to Haifa and unload it at 10 pm, so I decided to drive to my house and tomorrow continue to the store. But i have a small car so the hatchback is open and all the boxes are protruding out of it. I didn't want to leave an open car with all the goodies sticking out in the street. And the house I am renting has a large driveway with a very big and heavy wooden gate so I decided to pull the car in for the night. I tried to open this gate several times and it was too heavy and the wheels too rusty probably so I had no luck with it. But tonight I had a real motivation to sucssed; and sure enough with the right indent ice miracles can happen. Ever so slowly I managed to open the gate wide enough for the car to get in. Then came the tast if closing the gate. All went well until the last 3 inches that I could not close; I pushed a little harder and suddenly the gate just swans and fell on it's back, leaving the entrance wide open but blocking my way out. And it's so heavy I cannot lift it. So tomorrow I will have to call my landlord to the rescue so I can get out of my driveway and I can only hope my boxes will stay put until tomorrow and the big gape and the fallen gate will not draw unwanted attention.
 
I am thankful the gate did not fall on me or on my car; this would be a much bigger problem than it is now. I am thankful to the universe for its protection and help with everything I do and I send my wish that it will do the same tonight as well. I am thankful for a wonderful day today, for dreams slowly coming together  I am so tired but thankful for every moment of my day.

No comments: