Friday, November 8, 2013

Moving day

1023 - my daughter left home yesterday but the moving truck was scheduled for today. So I was here at home to receive them and make sure they will take all her boxes and she waited for them on the other end. A little after 9 am they were here and less then half an hour later they were done and on their way. And I was here looking at an almost empty room a little sad but also excited for her. This house did not bring us much good. I had fights with my partner to the point that he decided to leave and live elsewhere; fights with my daughter to the point she did the same thing. And now I am living in a huge house that was too big even for three people, all by myself. I don't like it, I don't need it and I sure cannot afford it all on my own. For me alone I need a one bedroom house of 50 sq m and not this monster 3 time that size. I am going to talk to my landlord next week and see if he will allow me to break contract or to sublet the place. I work almost an hour away, my store is in the same city, my partner works in the store with me, so he goes the same direction and my daughter doesn't live here anymore so no need to live I the halfway point. It is sad to see a dream of happiness in complete ruins but I strongly believe that there is reason for everything, even if temporarily we cannot see it. So I know a day will come when I will look back and be thankful for all that.

I am thankful my daughter is starting her new life. I am thankful I was able to help her on a very difficult task of sending the movers off, since she had to be elsewhere on the same time. I am thankful for a very busy day at the store. I am thankful I can go to sleep now at 1 am, way past my bedtime.

No comments: