Saturday, November 2, 2013

The last weekend

Day 1017 - my daughter's last weekend at home before she spreads her wings and take her final jump into independent life and adulthood. It's been a wonderful journey with high moments as well as low moments and now it is almost here. We found few boxes and she is almost done packing her room. Few more things, one last suitcase and she'll be ready for the movers later this week. I am so excited for her, for the new life and new beginnings ahead. It is such an important moment and I hope it will bring with great opportunities and experiences for her. She is going to share an apartment with a good friend and this by itself will make it so much fun. I am looking at her and see her life as they start unfolding and it makes me so happy. She is a mature and responsible young woman, ready to face the world; the dream of every parent...
  
I am thankful for getting to this moment to see my youngest daughter reaching full independence. I am thankful for the last three years in this country, where we got to spend so much time together. And as the Jewish blessing goes -I am thankful we made it to this moment. Amen. 

No comments: