Friday, November 7, 2014

A need to reconnect

Day 1387 - I want to go back to my painting class but it seems as if i lost touch with the creative side of me. For more than a year i did not touch my paints and my brushes and an attempt to do that last week ended up with a heavy heart. I so dislike the little i produced that i painted white wash all over it. And today I wanted to draw a mandala and the same thing happened, I felt totally out of touch and unable to reach in and find that creative part of me. I have to admit it was very disappointing. So now I have two options - I can give up or I can try to rekindle the fire. So of course I'll take option B. the question is how to go about it? Going back to my class and hope to find it there or should I repeat the program "the artist' way" with the hope it will have the same effect on me. I might choose the middle ground - two or three weeks of the program before going back to class. I just don't want to wait 3 months to finish the program. So tomorrow night I'll start and I hope it will do wonders this time around just as the last one. I am thankful for a great day at the store. I am thankful for a lovely evening on the beach; with fleece it's still doable and much fun. I am most thankful for realizing I lost touch with my inner creative child and even more so for knowing what to do to try to reconnect.

No comments: