Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Frailty of life

Day 1392 - my partner had to go through an invasive procedure today. Nothing serious just a baseline data. Still it's with sedation and all. I was waiting for him in the recovery room as he was getting over the anesthetic and a though crept in that we are in this stage if life that for some people it is not just a baseline but a serious illness they are fighting. It is unsettling to know this is the direction we are going, that as time pass we will get weaker and frail maybe even sick. We better enjoy every day we still have here in a carefree mode and hope that we are right in assuming that if we live right and think right our bodies will work just fine all the way to the finish line. We all know that one day we'll die but it's so much easier never to think about it; not better, just easier. But if I want to be a Buddhist this is not the right way to do things. I have to fully acknowledge my eminent demise for my life to fully blossom. Today I sure got a preview of that, I hope to take full advantage of that.

No comments: