Saturday, November 22, 2014

A wintery Saturday on the beach

Day 1402 - after a very rainy morning the sky cleared and we decided to go out for a power walk. We hiked downhill all the way to the beach almost an hour walk. It was beautiful there with the strong wind and a high sea. Rows of high and frothy waves one after another, few seagulls flying and even few other brave souls walking on the boardwalk. I was so happy we decided to chance the weather instead of staying home. We stayed in a cafe there, the only people to sit outside and not inside near the fireplace and after a magnificent sunset we made our way back this time taking the very steep road up the mountain. We made it of course in flying colors and very pleased we got back home. A good exercise, a great time on the beach, and a wonderful Saturday with my beloved partner. It's so easy to be happy; no need for fancy stuff or a high price tag. Just spending quality time with the significant people in my life. I am thankful for a wonderful day. I am thankful for a stormy Saturday on the beach. I am thankful for a great walk.

No comments: