Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Meditation

Day 1385 - I decided to start meditating on a daily basis. With the goal of doing it for an hour twice a day. Yesterday it was very difficult and I could not even keep the 20 minutes I set on my alarm clock at the moment. But tonight it was better and my mind did not play havoc with me so the 20 minutes passed very easily and I will try tomorrow a 10% increase, meaning 22 minutes. Even though it's only few days I can feel the difference already and I hope it will get much better with time. I want to quiet the endless chatter in my brain and to get better control over my reactions, to learn to be fully conscious and mindful. I own a mystic shop so I see that as a great opportunity for me to grow spiritually and meditation is one of the best practices for mindfulness. So here I go, I am taking my first baby steps in his fascinating direction and I hope it will be my quest and my journey for the rest of my life. I doubt if I can reach enlightenment in the little time I still have on this planet in this life time, but for sure I can make a real progress and start my next cycle in a better place, closer to that goal. And regardless, it will make the quality of my life so much better and richer because of that. So I am thankful for the progress I MADD today. I am thankful I got the time and place and will to develop myself in this direction. I am thankful for every moment of my life.

No comments: