Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Living the dream

Day 1406 - my daughter is planning to travel abroad for a few months. It is almost a rite of passage for young people her age. She is full of life and excitement and I am so happy to witness that. You don't embark on such a journey alone, so she was looking for a partner and today they met and decided they are a good match and so another big milestone is behind and the trip so much more real. When I was her age most of our friends did not take that journey and even though I had dreams about doing it I met my future husband and forgot all my grand plans. So I am very happy our daughter is taking the road we never did. There are things you can never come back to and if you misses taking that fork of the road it's forever gone. And at the age of 57 even if I'll go on the same journey it will be with a very different one. I am thankful to see my daughter so happy and full of plans. I am thankful for dreams that never go away and maybe one day will be fulfilled.

No comments: