Friday, November 14, 2014

Visiting my my elderly parents

Day 1394 - i am visiting my parents. On my way I picked up my daughter so it's the both of us. It's sad to admit but my pparents are getting older and the burden of taking care of my dad is taking its toll on my mom. My dad is loosing his hearing and refuses to use hearing aid which makes communication a little difficult. In short time is doing its thing and if become. More apparent with every visit. I read somewhere "time is not passing; we are" how true, how sad. It's not easy to see our loved ones slowly getting to the end if the line. Bent and frail, slower and I guess towards the end ready to get there, or at least not resisting it too much. It is us, the ones left behind that are mourning that, more for ourselves that for the deceased, remained all too clearly, that our time is nearing too; and it is unavoidable. Time, little time is all we have with these dear people that were strong parents to me when I was little and are not so strong anymore but are and always be so dear to me. I am so thankful I came back to my country four years ago and at least had few years with them, even if not their best. And I sure took full advantage of that in those years. I am thankful to be here today and to know there still a little time left...

No comments: