Saturday, October 29, 2011

Busy Bee

Day 284 -   I stayed home today and didn’t join my hiking group, so I had a very relaxing Saturday. I woke up late (7:30am) and took my dog for a long walk. She has to stay home during my working hours and our night walks are not very long, so I was happy I can take her out today. I met my ex-mother-in-law for coffee again and we spend a very lovely morning together. People sometimes question that, but she was my mother-in-law for over thirty years and she is very lonely, so why not. You divorce a spouse, not their family. I think she has more meaningful conversations with me than with her son, and we enjoy each other’s company. I know she would love to see us getting back together, and it pains her when I say that it’s not going to happen, but I think that deep down she knows that I am so much better now that we are not together anymore. Actually, she even sometimes admits that I look much happier. When I came back home I decided to clean my car, this time a more thorough job and clean the inside as well. An hour later the car was shining and I have to admit, as much as I like to say I don’t give _ _ it is nice to see the inside of the car so clean and tidy. I’ll try to keep it this way and clean it more often. And the final action for the day – I was scheduled to meet my daughter later in the afternoon on her way back to base, so I cooked a nice meal and brought it with me and we stopped on the way to eat it. With all her allergies right now, she eats very little on base and so it is very important for me that at least on the weekend she will eat something more substantial and healthy. I drove her all the way to base so we’ll have some time together, since she had activity all weekend with her group and I didn’t get to see her at all. It was much fun and I got to hear all her cool stories about the training. So I enjoyed the drive very much and I was so happy I could do that. And I almost forgot, before getting back home I stopped on my way in the photo shop and developed the sunset picture from 3 days ago to a 10X12 size and now I have it on my wall, and I can glance at it while writing. Love it!!
    
I am thankful for a very lovely Saturday; full of activities I really enjoyed doing. I am thankful it still felt so relaxed. I am thankful I got to spend time with my daughter, even if it was a shorter than usual. I am thankful for all the gifts in my lifel.

No comments: