Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Great Hiking Trip

Day 270 I love the fall here. The days are beautiful but it is not so hot anymore, a perfect weather for people who love to hike, like my hiking group. So this morning we drove to the north part of the country and we went on a long and difficult hike. It was not very long millage wise, but we walked in a dry ravine and so the whole trail was covered with large boulders which made the progress slow and challenging at times. But when you like hiking, and we all do, this is actually part of the fun – the challenge of different terrains; sometimes it’s the steepness, sometimes the sheer climb and sometimes, obstacles along the road, like today. but it is all part of the fun and as tired as we sometimes get at the end of a specially difficult hike, we can look back in satisfaction that we conquered yet another path in this beloved country of ours. And today was one of those days. It was slow and challenging and at some point knees and ankles start to hurt, but we were so proud to finish it.
    
I am thankful for yet one more fun hiking day. I am thankful for being able to spend a whole day outdoors with friends and having a great time. I am thankful that at our age we still find this kind of activity fun and something I’d do just for kicks. I am thankful for being here in my beloved country and being able to love her with my feet every time.  

No comments: