Sunday, October 9, 2011

I had a Dream

Day 264 This coming Thursday will be another holiday and so we won’t have our painting class. The teacher gave us the option to join his Sunday class so not to miss a week, and of course I jumped on this offer. I have to admit that painting is filling my dreams right now. I woke up this morning with a new idea for a painting. I never experienced such a thing, but I love it, I love having art as such a major part of my life right now. This was the whole idea when I started the program “The Artist’s Way” and I have to admit that they were many days when I acted on faith alone, but I am a living proof it works. I came to class, ready to start a new project, but my teacher thought I should add some elements to my previous piece to tie it up better. This is exactly the reason I love this class. He suggests things and is ready to hear our feedback, and so far I loved most of his ideas. An hour later my drawing looked more polished and more complete, and I was so much happier with the outcome. And then I started on a new one still with pencils only but improving my technique, having higher standards to the finished product, to the pencil work. I chose a figure from the Carnival in Venice and after an hour of work I like what I see there. One of the women in my class asked me how many years I paint and it was the biggest complement I could get!!
I took it home with me to work on it in the next week since there are no classes next week and I hope to bring it to as much completion is I can before getting back to class and get some wise suggestions from my teacher. I might even do the picture I was dreaming about; I am getting so excited about it all. and so, even though I said many months ago when I started this blog that I will not be thankful for the same things twice, I am looking at this one as an exception. Omar Khayyam said it centuries ago – “There are so many ways to kneel and thank the lord” .this is how I feel today about my painting class. I can find there every week something new to be thankful for.

So I am using this exception to thank one more time for this amazing serendipity that brought me to this class. I am thankful for every lesson I attend, for every comment I get, for every improvement I make. I am thankful for this new window that opened to my soul. I am thankful this painting class fills my days and nights with so much joy. 

No comments: