Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday on the Beach



Day 283 -   it’s Friday, so I took my usual position on the beach café, for a book reading and a large serving of sunset. I read for a few hours and I loved every minute of it. I was totally absorbed in the book "The Art of listening to the beating heart" - a heart aching yet magical love story. I read the book and I cried. This is a story of a young man from a little village in Burma; bound by tradition he is forced to leave home, to study in the capital and later abroad, live away from the love of his life for half a century. And it ended on such a sweet tone. An amazing story about the magical power of true love.
And then to add to the beauty of the moment, I was blessed with a magical sunset, every day now the sunsets are so beautiful and I keep taking pictures of them. I think the sunsets are especially amazing this time a year. So I set there, a little cold, I have to admit, it is after all late October, and I enjoyed yet another amazing sunset on the beach. It made me think – maybe I should print all these pictures. I have an album of my photos I started a few years ago; maybe I can add few sunsets to it now and then add some poems. Interesting thought; Love it!!
   
I am thankful for every sunrise and sunset I get to watch; I feel I am connecting to the web of life doing so. I am thankful for such a lovely time on the beach today. I am thankful for such a great day; I will never take that for granted.   

No comments: