Thursday, October 6, 2011

An Artist Moment


Day 261 – It’s Thursday today, my painting class day and I still enjoy it so much. I was waiting the whole week for Thursday to arrive. I love that class; and today was no different. I am working on an interesting piece for the second week already and it is not done yet, and so I also learn patience and I learn to develop my ideas one at a time with only a vague idea about the direction it will take and so it flows from my mind and my soul to the paper. I love this un-obscured flow of feelings and ideas from my mind to the paper without a conscious intervention. It’s really interesting that an art piece is taking a life of its own, I read about it many times, but this is the first time I experience it in person. I didn’t know even at the beginning of the class that this is how it will look by the end of it, and I still don’t know how the whole thing will look. I just work on it on little detail at a time and it just comes alive. I am at home already, and again working on it, eager to see the final product; the young Evgeny Kissin is playing the piano with the London Symphony Orchestra – Rachmaninoff Second Concerto again – what can be better. I feel like my heart just fly. It is such a wonderful place to be – open channels between my heart and my brain and my hand and totally in the moment – time just doesn’t exist there. This is probably how heaven feels like.

I am thankful for such an enriching Thursday class. I am thankful from the bottom of my heart for such elation. I am thankful to be alive, totally alive, and I am thankful for every step I ever took that brought me here.

No comments: