Sunday, October 30, 2011

Miraculous Recovery

Day 285 -   If I had to choose four musical pieces to take with me to a deserted island I know right away what I’ll take. If pressed really hard, I can narrow it down to three, but I don’t think I can narrow it down any further. You already met two of these pieces – Moonlight by Beethoven, and Rachmaninoff's 2nd concerto for piano and orchestra. The third one is Beethoven’s Concerto for piano and Orchestra in D major ( I love it more than the original Violin concerto op. 61 ). There is a reason I didn’t write about it yet. The CD didn’t work since I moved here to my new house –it shows an error every time I tried to play it. And it was absolutely devastating. I love this piece sooo much, especially the Larghetto. I wrote poems to this piece; yes, I love it so much. For some reason its music just plays straight on my heart strings just as it plays on the piano keys. And, like I said, it didn’t work. It worked on my computer but not on my CD player, so it loses all the quality of the music.
Few weeks ago I tried to rip three CDs of Dire Straits for my friend. Apparently, now-a-days even this is a complicate task and I managed to create a CD but it didn't work properly. Today I decided to tackle the issue and found what I did wrong on my first (and second) attempt(s). In no time I burned the new CDs and then I had a brilliant idea – if my ruined CD plays on my computer, maybe I can rip it and burn a good copy. Gingerly I put the CD back to my computer, praying it will still work and it did. So I ripped it, burned it on a new CD and right now I am sitting and listening to the concerto for piano and orchestra in D major by Beethoven with Daniel Barenboim as a soloist and conductor!! And my heart is singing, this piece never fails to move me almost to tears.  They always say good deeds won’t go un-noticed, and here you go I decided to do something good and got paid many time more by that.
   
I am thankful beyond words for this serendipitous event that gave me back my beloved concerto. I am thankful for this heavenly music I get to enjoy again. I am thankful this music can play such a major role in my life. I am thankful for every magical moment this piece brings to my life. I am thankful for my trembling heart as I write this entry; I am happier than I can express in words for the recovery of this CD.

No comments: