Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Artistic Bliss

Day 281  I was driving back from work, still dealing with my aching heart, I was driving to meet someone, not knowing I am coming to meet him just to turn him down. What a mess. I was driving back from work not knowing that in a few hours I will get a frantic phone call from my daughter about another allergic reaction, stressed to a point of break, whether this one is going to go overboard, and I had to try to calm her down promising that it will not.  I was driving back from work, and it really was not my best day, and then I saw this amazing sight. For a few moments I had nothing on my mind except this amazing sunset, the one in the picture above. The colors were more beautiful than my camera’s ability to capture it. But at least it captured this moment of sheer beauty, the rays of hope behind the clouds illuminating the sky... “a Kodak Moment” as they used to call it. Few hours later, I was walking in the park with my dog, trying to nurse my aching heart and thinking what can I be thankful for in a day like that. And yes, by now I know there is always something to be thankful for. At first I thought I can be thankful I have a heart that can be broken, i have deep feelings, it is a very good reason to be thankful. But then I remembered this moment of calm and I decided – I am thankful for this amazing sunset; so pointless, just for God’s artistic pleasure, just so for a few moments I will have nothing on my mind but the right angle to take a picture, a good reason to be thankful today.
  
I am thankful for an amazing sunset, with a promise of healing in its path. I am thankful I saw this magic as it unfolded and had time to run to the perfect spot and take a picture capturing a fleeting moment, never to be returned. I am thankful for all the wonderful moments that sometimes bring in their path broken hearts; I still prefer to be sad later than to never know happiness and joy.  

No comments: