Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Glorious Day

Day 268 It is a holiday and most people are with their families, especially here in this country where everything is so personal. But I have no family near by and so holidays feel a little lonely sometimes. I will have to find a solution for that, but until then, I just enjoy what I have the best I can. And I am really good at that. I don’t let myself being sad, I always find something nice and fun to do. And today, the day was gorgeous. Such blue sky with no clouds at all, everything looked like it staged against a blue screen – so unreal. I went out in the morning for a little stroll with my dog, but it was so beautiful that the stroll got much longer. I called my (X) mother-in-law and we met for coffee and spent two lovely hours together. Later I kept walking to the nicest overview spot in our city by the bay, and enjoyed the view. It was packed; I guess I was not the only one realizing how amazing the day was. on my way back home I called a friend and she met me on my way and came with me home. So from a little stroll it became a five hours outing. But, the day was warm, the sky so blue and the sun so nice I could not think of anything better to do on such a glorious occasion.

I am thankful for such a lovely time with family and friends. I am thankful for the long stroll I took with my dog. She gets to spend many hours at home alone during the week and so I am very glad when I can take her on such an outing. I am thankful for an amazing and beautiful day, just the way a holiday should look like.

No comments: