Friday, November 11, 2011

A Creative Work Day

Day 297 -   I am working against a very tight deadline at work and I had so many things to do this week, this particular project had to be put on back burner, but it is due on Sunday morning, which implies many hours of work this weekend. So I am not going on a hiking trip this weekend and instead going to enjoy some work time. I would rather do something else, but I really have no choice. But I decided to do it my way. I woke up very late this morning – after 9 and it was so great. I did my morning pages, which I didn’t miss even once since I started about 4 months ago, and I took my dog for a walk, and I spent some quality time with my daughter. It was so great to have a relaxed time, go to a café have some great pastry and just talk. I drove her to the bus station and did my usual Friday afternoon thing, namely spend my afternoon with a book on the beach and watch the sunset. Only then, when it was already dark and chilly I started to work. I left 4 hours later and I was so happy it actually gave me an idea. Since I have a flexible work time I can do once a week a 1pm-9pm or even 2pm to 10pm. This way I get to enjoy late wake-up, and some quality time when the sun is still out and go to work later. I think it’s a great idea. I will not feel as if I am wasting all my days at work. And I’ll get to enjoy some sunlight; all good and important things for my happiness. I was so upset about it a few weeks ago and this might be a creative solution for that. I am home and happy now, for I got to enjoy my day and still get few hours of work into it. I am going now to watch a movie in my PJs as a nice ending to such a wonderful day.
  
I am thankful I had such a great day, even though I had to include in it a few hours of work. I am thankful for an opportunity to be on the beach and enjoy the warmth of the day and a beautiful sunset in the middle of November. I am thankful for every day of my life whether a good day or bad, I am alive and well and that’s what counts, that’s what it’s all about.

No comments: