Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Great-Grandparents Come to Visit

Day 310 -   My parents arrived today to see my daughter and the baby and we spent a lovely afternoon in a café on the boardwalk. It is so nice to see four generations – great-grandparents, grandparents, parents and the little baby herself all under one roof. For my parents it is the 6th great-grandchildren, for my ex’s mom it’s her first great-granddaughter, so a very significant milestone and for every one regardless, it is very special since they live so far away and we don’t have many opportunities to see her, this is why everyone is making an effort to come here. The great grandparents are all still in good enough health and they might be able to see few more great-grandchildren, but I don’t know if they will have a chance to see this one again since they live so far away and seldom come to visit here. Stating that, my mom can’t really climb stairs anymore and so we had a change of plans and put them in the same hotel as my daughter and my ex. And so I have the house all to myself after I was so sure it will be packed.  This is one more night where I am literally falling asleep. So this is a short and unexciting, just to mention a day gone by.
I am thankful for a lovey day; I am thankful I got to see the baby and my daughter. And as usual in days like this, I am so thankful for my warm bed waiting for me after I  post this retarded entry and  then go to sleep.

No comments: