Thursday, November 3, 2011

In the Nude

Day 289 -   It’s Thursday again and you know the drill – my painting class (I also had a creative writing class, but I will write about it another day); today's entry is about my drawing class. We had a model who posed in the nude today. It’s funny how intimidating it is. It was a young woman, 22 years old with such a beautiful body. But the intimidating part is that everyone got scared we won’t be able to draw well. Most of us never drew a person in details and definitely not a naked woman. My most complicate work until today was that hand from last week. But our teacher is amazing and just walked us through the process. Measure the head, he said, the length of a body is about 8 times the size of the head; there is a vertical line from her head to her feet. Look at the horizontal lines – eye brows, shoulders, breasts… try to capture her posture, follow the curves; in short, he calmed us down and gave us the logic of how to go through the process.  We had almost an hour to draw the first pose. Than we took a break and after that she stood in more complicated gestures for 10-15 minutes each. This time the only thing we tried to do is to capture the pose. The funny thing is that the drawing I did in 15 minutes was much better that the one we had an hour to complete. We all did. You just get the feel how to do it right. It was an amazing class!! I never thought it can be so satisfying to draw the human body; to explore poses, and curves. So again, I am so proudly posting my own drawing. A friend showed me today on her phone some pictures she made and it was so beautiful, and I had only one to share, but here I am starting to have an art collection on my phone as well. 
  
I am so thankful for this amazing experience today, i had such a great time. I am thankful again to our wonderful teacher, who manages every week to take us to new heights. I am so thankful my drawings are getting so good that I keep taking pictures of them, and so my phone collection is slowly growing. I am thankful I am able to get my higher-self get out of the way and allow my creativity to shine through me. I am thankful for “The Artist’s Way”.

No comments: